Aruba is a beautiful Caribbean island known for its stunning beaches, clear blue waters, and vibrant culture.
Tourists can make the most of their visit because there are many unforgettable things to do in Aruba. James Smith has travelled to more than 100 countries Only By Land, also the name of his UK travel blog. Each visited place is documented along with information about the destinations, accommodations, transport, activities and more. Here are some must-do workouts and experiences he mentioned to enjoy in Aruba.
- Eagle Beach: Spend a day at Eagle Beach and relish the soft, white sands, swim in crystal clear water or relax and enjoy sunbathing.
- Arikok National Park: Explore Aruba’s rugged and wild side at Arikok National Park. Hike through desert landscapes, visit caves with ancient petroglyphs, and discover unique flora and fauna.
- Natural Pool (Conchi): Take a thrilling off-road adventure to the Natural Pool, a hidden gem surrounded by rugged terrain and natural rock formations. Snorkel and swim in the protected pool while enjoying the scenic views.
- Oranjestad: Explore the capital city of Aruba, Oranjestad, with its colourful Dutch colonial architecture, shops, and markets. Don’t miss the opportunity to try local cuisine at one of the restaurants.
- Horseback Riding: Experience Aruba’s natural beauty on horseback. Ride along the coast, through the desert, or even take a sunset ride for a romantic experience.
- Snorkeling and Diving: Aruba offers fantastic opportunities for snorkelling and diving. Explore the vibrant underwater world filled with coral reefs, shipwrecks, and diverse marine life.
- Sunset Cruise: Enjoy a romantic evening on a sunset cruise along the coast with live music and dinner.
- Water Sports: For adventurers, there are water sports such as windsurfing, kiteboarding, paddleboarding, and jet-skiing to participate and boost their adrenaline. The island’s consistent trade winds make it a perfect destination for wind-based water activities.
- Casinos and Nightlife: Aruba has a nightlife scene that is appealing. It includes pulsating bars, clubs, and casinos. Try your luck at one of the casinos or dance the night away to live music.
- Aloe Vera Factory: Learn about Aruba’s history of aloe cultivation at the Aruba Aloe Factory and Museum. You can take a guided tour and even purchase aloe-based skincare products.
- Wine and Dine: Sample Aruban cuisine, including fresh seafood, Dutch-influenced dishes, and international fare at the island’s many restaurants and eateries. Pair your meal with local cocktails or Balashi, the Aruban beer.
- Aruba Ostrich Farm: Aruba Ostrich Farm offers tourists a unique experience. You can get up close to these charming birds and even feed them. Book a guided tour!
- Kitesurfing: For extreme sports fans, kitesurfing lessons are fantastic. Aruba’s windy conditions and calm waters make it an ideal destination for kitesurfing enthusiasts.
- Butterfly Farm: Explore the Butterfly Farm, where you can see hundreds of colourful butterflies in a lush tropical garden.
Remember to stay respectful of the local environment and culture during your visit. Aruba is a place of natural beauty and warm hospitality, and these activities will help you create unforgettable memories on this stunning Caribbean island.